Recipes for Herb Rubs
Mediterranean Herb Paste
Mediterranean Herb Paste flavors the
chicken beautifully. If you rub it on the chicken before leaving the
house in the morning, the flavors will have plenty of time to impart
their bistro flavors to the chicken.
By Pat Crocker
Makes 3⁄4 cup
Make and use this in several different dishes in a week. It can
form the basis for a vinaigrette dressing, soup, dips, spreads and even
be used as a flavoring for savory muffins and scones.
• 10 garlic cloves
• ½ cup fresh sage leaves, chopped
• ½ cup fresh thyme leaves
• ¼ cup fresh rosemary leaves, snipped
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon sea salt
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 1 tablespoon tarragon or white wine vinegar
1. Pulse garlic in food processor 3 or 4 times or until garlic is finely
chopped. Add sage, thyme and rosemary; pulse 3 or 4 times until finely
chopped. Add mustard and salt; pulse until blended.
2. Gradually add 3 tablespoons oil, processing until blended. Add
vinegar and remaining olive oil and process until blended.
Recipe taken from www.herbcompanion.com